jueves, 10 de junio de 2010

commentaries about Ken Robinson's talk

I think that the presentation of Sir Ken Robinson touches a sensible point of the educational system. The actual system makes frustrated people when they can’t reach the goals of society. Sadly, we are forgetting that we are more than just a brain, more than just a work position, in the sense that all our efforts are focused to achieve those imposed goals. It’s not the first time that I heard about this topic, but the main problem is: will society accept to change the actual system of education? It would take a revolution to do that. There are some artistic schools in Chile that made changes in the main goal of their education plan: to make artists (musicians, dancers, painters) instead of classical students. Our Chilean society is unequally growing, and we realize it, when we see that the best paid jobs are from some areas of knowledge (engineering, medicine) but art, social sciences and humanist careers are left behind.

1 comentario:

  1. Is extremely weird this self observation as humans, we have been domesticated or conditionated (I´m not an ethologist so for me is the same) to behave inside of some common pattern, but I think that may be that´s part of the requested behavior that is needed for the right funtion of the society. But I´m still confused with the sentence "my freedom finishes where your freedom starts".

    ResponderEliminar